Sunday, March 1, 2009

Olivia's Pick--22 February 2009

Lip gloss.

Bubble gum, berry flavored or Burt's Bees--it doesn't matter, Olivia loves it. I guess she figures she's spent long enough watching Mama affect a minimal morning primping routine. Now, she wants in.

She has her little tubes of the stuff stashed everywhere: her purse, my purse, her car seat, my desk drawer. When I tell her she's applied enough, she claims chapped lips and manages to administer another layer of sweet-smelling balm before I can get it out of her hands.

Before you panic, there's no azure eyeshadow or sequined bodysuits in her immediate future--or her distant future, if I have any say in the matter. But there is, in all likelihood, another tube of Chapstick lurking somewhere just up the path.

Hey, at least she's not eating it.

No comments: